SOUPers, it’s time to mark your calendars! Reading SOUP returns on Wednesday 19 July with another great community crowdfunding event. And this time, we’re celebrating our 2nd birthday as well.
We’re delighted to announce that pitching at our July birthday event will be:
- Age UK Reading – Lawns & Borders Gardening Service: Providing affordable garden maintenance for older people in Southcote.
- Berkshire Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre – Oxygen treatments and services for Reading people with MS.
- Reading Community Learning Centre – empowering isolated and vulnerable women to grow their skills and independence.
Listen to the pitches and vote for the project you feel is most in need of funding. Your entry fee of just £5 will go towards the overall donation to the winning pitch, made up from all the money taken on the door on the night. In May our event raised £185 for Daisy’s Dream, who will return to tell us how our funding has helped them. Join us in July to give your support to these excellent community projects in Reading.
We will also have soft drinks, teas and coffees and there may even be a celebration cake or two to go around. We also welcome a little bit of a donation towards the cost of the refreshments.
After the success of last month’s soup poll, we’re also going to be giving you another chance to pick your favourite soup flavours for July. Look out for a poll on two light and vegan summer soup flavours coming soon!
See you in July!
How Reading SOUP works
If you haven’t been to a Reading SOUP before, you can expect:
– £5 gets you entry, a warm bowl of SOUP, entertainment and your donation to the winning project
– Three local groups & projects have 5 minutes to tell you about their work
– You vote for your favourite project
– The project with the most votes wins all of the door money.
Wednesday 19 July
St Laurence Church, Friar Street, Reading
Doors open 6.30pm, event starts at 7pm
Entry: £5/on door (cash only).